Here are some materials and forms you'll need to continue your wonderful work on campus as CRS Student Ambassadors:
2019-2020 Ambassador Calendar
Monthly Action Guides
- October 2019
- Theme: I am Global Hunger & Advocacy
- Catholic Social Teaching: Rights and Responsibilities
- CRS on the Ground: I am Global Hunger
- This month's actions: Attend a Fall 2019 Training and Campus-Wide Advocacy Opportunity
- Next month's action planning: Community Giving
- September 2019
- Theme: Fall Kick-Off & I am Migration
- Catholic Social Teaching: Migration
- CRS on the Ground: I am Migration
- This month's action: Attend a Fall 2019 Training
- Next month's action planning: Host a Campus-Wide Advocacy Opportunity
- April 2019
- Theme: I am Climate Change and I am Migration
- Catholic Social Teaching: Care for God's Creation
- CRS on the Ground: Coffee Farmers Face Increasing Pressure to Migrate
- March 2019
- Theme: I am Global Hunger & CRS Rice Bowl
- Catholic Social Teaching: Option for the Poor and Vulnerable
- CRS on the Ground: Working Together to Improve Harvests in South Sudan
- February 2019
- Theme: Advocacy
- Catholic Social Teaching 101: The Life and Dignity of the Human Person
- Plan your "Voice Your Values" Advocacy Visits
- November 2018
- Theme: YouthBuild (Addressing Root Causes of Migration from Central America) & Preparing for In-District Advocacy Visits
- Catholic Social Teaching 101: Solidarity
- CRS on the Ground: YouthBuild Programming in El Salvador and Guatemala
- October 2018
- Theme: Emergency Response
- Catholic Social Teaching 101: Life & Dignity of the Human Person
- CRS on the Ground: Responding to Crises around the World
- September 2018
- Theme: Advocacy
- Catholic Social Teaching 101 Theme: Rights & Responsibilities
- CRS on the Ground: SALT - CRS Student Ambassador Advocate on Capitol Hill
- December 2017
- Theme: I am Migration
- Catholic Social Teaching 101 Theme: Solidarity
- CRS on the Ground: Rohingya Refugee Crisis
- January 2018
- Theme: I am Human Trafficking
- Catholic Social Teaching 101 Theme: Dignity of Work & Rights of Workers
- CRS on the Ground: The Four Ps of Human Trafficking
- February 2018
- Theme: Launch of I am Global Hunger
- Catholic Social Teaching 101 Theme: Option for the Poor and Vulnerable
- CRS on the Ground: Global Hunger and Agriculture
- March 2018
- April 2018
- Theme: Changing the Way We Care
- Catholic Social Teaching 101 Theme: Call to Family, Community and Participation
- CRS on the Ground: Changing the Way we Care Initiative - De-Institutionalization of Children
Action Menu and Resources
- Sign advocacy letters to Congress and host campus-wide tables or events so others can join you.
- Meet with your members of Congress in your home district using our Voice your Values initiative how-to guides.
- Host a personalized, hand-written letter writing campaign, using this template and how-to guide.
- Write a Letter to the Editor. (How-To Guide Coming Soon)
- Call your members of Congress. Host a campus-wide phone banking event to have an even bigger impact.
- Use the phone number 1-855-711-3890. This will connect you to the most updated script and advocacy ask and will then connect you directly to your members of Congress based on your zip code.
- Stay tuned in Spring 2020 for Summer 2020 internship information and postings.
- Basic Information
- Positions are posted on a department by department basis, which means you will need to apply separately to any that meet your interests and skills. It also means that they are posted at different times, so please continue to check back frequently for updated and additional postings.
- Applications are done through the online system and are reviewed on a case by case basis. Please consider getting your application in as soon as possible, but as long as the posting is still visible, the position hasn't been filled, so you're welcome to continue applying until all postings are taken down.
- CRS University Engagement is one department in which you could intern, and we love having veteran CRS Student Ambassadors on our team for the summer to help enhance our programming!
- View a brochure about CRS internship and volunteer opportunities.
Graduation Cords for Graduating Ambassadors
- Each spring, we are honored to recognize and thank our dedicated graduating CRS Student Ambassadors with blue and white CRS cords that can be worn at graduation and other commencement activities. Check back in Spring 2020 for the order form.
- Photos of some graduates rocking their blue and white CRS cords:
- Each CRS Student Ambassador group is expected to fill out a brief report in December (for Fall Semester) and April/May (for Spring Semester).
- Informational Session Outline
- Effective Meetings
- Event Planning
- Leadership & Sustainability
CRS Upholds Catholic Teaching and Values
As an organization of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, Catholic Relief Services is resolute in its commitment to the Church and its teaching. Thus we ask that when CRS Student Ambassadors are officially representing CRS in any capacity (media, social media, events, etc.) they familiarize themselves with our policies, stances and values to accurately represent our work. Please see this link for more information, and we invite you to contact us with any questions prior to events or media inquiries.