Video of Q & A with Gaye Burpee, Senior Advisor for Agriculture and Climate Change, CRS
What is the relationship between climate change and food security?
- A Way Forward: Facing Climate Change (video, 7:02), National Geographic Society with support from the UN Foundation
- CRS’ Approach to Food Security (video, 7:23), by David Leege, CRS Director of University Engagement and Research for Overseas Operations and CRS Food Security Framework
- What is Climate -Smart Agriculture? Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2014 for definition of CSA and selected examples under “Food Production Systems”
- In Kenya: The Road to Resilience: Case Studies on Building Resilience in the Horn of Africa, “Drought Related Climate Change,” and “Adapting to Climate Change in Mbeere County,” pp. 3-4 and 13- 15. Also Kenya Can Lead on Climate Change Adaptation, by IRIN, May 2014
- In Nicaragua: CRS Helps Farmers Understand the Impact of Climate Change on Growing Coffee in Central America, CRS, 2 pages and A Story of Coffee Under Pressure, CRS Fair Trade, 2 pages
What is Being Done and What You Can Do
- What is the Africa Climate-Smart Agricultural Alliance? CRS, 1 page
- Catholic Social Teaching and Climate Change, from the Catholic Coalition on Climate Change, 5 pages.
- Sowing the Future: How the Church can help promote sustainability goals (about general sustainability imperative)
- “One Human Family, Food for All” Campaign’s Commitment Checklist: How to Get Involved