CRS University Chapter Fall Launch & Training
CRS University Chapter Fall Launch & Training Opportunities
Each Fall, CRS offers complementary launch & training opportunities for US university students and accompanying staff to equip them to launch or strengthen their CRS University Chapter on campus. A core group of students plus a Staff Advisor from each university are invited to attend. We welcome universities who have been partnering with us for many years as well as universities who are interested in launching a new CRS University Chapter. These annual trainings are an opportunity to:
- Learn about the CRS mission and our work around the world.
- Build leadership skills.
- Connect to our campaigns and resources.
- Learn how to take action on your campus.
- Meet and network with other student leaders and campus staff from your region and participate in a growing movement of 75+ campuses across the country.
FALL 2020 VIRTUAL APPROACH
As much as we would like to gather with you in person, we've determined that the safest approach is to connect virtually. Our Fall Launch & Training experiences will consist of 2 virtual parts:
Part 1: A 4-hour online training. Each of our 5 Field Offices across the country will host 1-2 training opportunities in September. We encourage you to sign up within your geographic region when possible but invite you to join the date/time that is best for you. Sign up via this registration form.
Part 2: A 1-hour action planning session with CRS Staff. You will be contacted by CRS upon registering/participating in Part 1 above to schedule Part 2 with your campus leaders. These action planning sessions will occur in late September through early October and will be scheduled directly with CRS Staff.
FALL 2020 DATES AND TIMES FOR PART 1: 4-hour online training
We recommend you identify your CRS geographic region based on the state in which your university is located, using this map. Try to attend the option below corresponding to your region if possible. If another option works better for your schedule, go ahead and join that one instead - just make sure to account for the time zone. You are welcome to attend as a group from your campus or attend separate trainings according to your schedules. Sign up via this registration form.
Thursdays: September 10 & 17 from 6 - 8 p.m. CT (Midwest recommendation)
Mondays: September 14 & 21 from 6 - 8 p.m. ET (Northeast/Mid-Atlantic recommendation)
Saturday: September 19 from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. AND 1 - 3 p.m. ET (Southeast recommendation)
Saturday: September 19 from 12 - 4 p.m. CT (Midwest recommendation)
Saturday: September 19 from 1 - 5 p.m. CT (Southwest recommendation)
Saturday: September 26 from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. AND 1 - 3 p.m. PT (West recommendation)
Note: Registration deadline is 5 days prior to your training date. Those who register by the deadline will receive the Zoom link 2 days prior to the training.
What is the cost? There is no training fee.
Where is the location? Trainings will take place on Zoom, and registrants will receive the Zoom link shortly before the live training date/time.
- Is this for me/my campus? In short, ALL ARE WELCOME!
- New campus partners: If your campus has never had a CRS University Chapter, this is the perfect opportunity to learn more. We recommend 3-5 students + a staff person attend to get started.
- Current campus partners: If you're already connected to the CRS network, great! We invite new student leaders to grow in their understanding of CRS and veteran CRS University Chapter Leaders to help co-facilitate training sessions. You can note your role on the registration form. We still encourage a Staff Advisor to attend for continuity and to receive updates and new information.
- There is no minimum or maximum number of participants per campus. Generally, we find that a small, committed group of leaders, including both students and staff, is most effective, but we also want you to approach this in a way that works best for your campus reality.
- Other Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.