CRS Rice Bowl
During this uneasy time, our faith anchors us. Physical separation doesn't need to hinder your Lenten journey or that of your community.
While campuses across the country are closed, your community can still participate in the "I am Global Hunger" campaign. Consider hosting a virtual CRS Rice Bowl "Simple Supper for Global Hunger." It's a one-time event that can bring your campus community together virtually to pray, fast and give alms - the three spiritual pillars of Lent. Download it here—and learn more below. (And don't forget that you can always order additional CRS Rice Bowl materials at crsricebowl.org/order.)
REFLECT & PRAY
- Stories of Hope - Follow along week-by-week to get to know Trinh from Vietnam, Yvone from Kenya, and Maria Ana from Honduras. Learn about their lives and reflect on the Gospel story of the loaves and the fishes to dig deeper into the important issue of Global Hunger.
- Stations of the Cross Digital Retreats — Christ continues to walk that long road to Calvary in the lives of so many individuals around the world. Reflect on this reality with these brief videos.
- Incorporate our prayer intentions and blessings into your spiritual practices.
- Simple Recipes — Check out our collection of simple, meatless meals from around the world. Host a virtual dinner with your community and share on the CRS Rice Bowl Facebook Group.
- Online — Visit crsricebowl.org/give.
- Don't forget to coordinate with your campus community in case your school is giving one large gift to CRS Rice Bowl.
- Type the name of your university or Newman Center in the "Share with us the name of your faith community" field.