CRS Rice Bowl
Lent is a busy time on campus. And also a good time to dig deeper into the "I am Global Hunger" campaign. That's why we put together this how-to guide for a CRS Rice Bowl "Simple Supper for Global Hunger" event. It's a one-time event that brings your campus community together to pray, fast and give alms—the three spiritual pillars of Lent. Download it here—and learn more below. (And don't forget that you can always order additional CRS Rice Bowl materials at crsricebowl.org/order.)
REFLECT & PRAY
- Stories of Hope - Follow along week-by-week to get to know Trinh from Vietnam, Yvone from Kenya, and Maria Ana from Honduras. Learn about their lives and reflect on the Gospel story of the loaves and the fishes to dig deeper into the important issue of Global Hunger.
- Stations of the Cross Digital Retreats — Christ continues to walk that long road to Calvary in the lives of so many individuals around the world. Reflect on this reality with these brief videos.
- Incorporate our prayer intentions and blessings into Sunday Masses.
- Simple Recipes — Check out our collection of simple, meatless meals from around the world. Prepare them as a community, or encourage your cafeteria to offer them during Lent. Then, post your photos on the CRS Rice Bowl Facebook Group.
- Online — Visit crsricebowl.org/give.
- Don't forget to coordinate with your campus community in case your school is giving one large gift to CRS Rice Bowl.
- Type the name of your university or Newman Center in the "Share with us the name of your faith community" field.