CRS Responds to the Nepal Earthquake
On April 25, 2015, a magnitude 7.8 earthquake struck Nepal between Kathmandu and Pokhra. News reports show significant damage and the loss of many lives. The official death toll is above 7,000 and still rising. CRS staff and partners are already on the ground responding. We have committed significant resources to relief efforts and are partnering with Caritas to respond quickly to those most affected.
We invite you to respond with CRS by giving, praying, learning, and acting with your campus community:
$8 provides a water kit for a family. $15 provides an emergency shelter kit. $22 provides household living supplies. Your donations go such a long way to help families affected by the earthquake, so please consider standing in solidarity with our brothers and sisters in Nepal in this way. Watch this video for more information.
You can make a donation via our general Nepal Donations Page.
Raise your hearts and voices in prayer for those most affected by the Earthquake.
Keep up-to-date on how CRS and Caritas are responding in Nepal with the following:
- CRS Newswire Update (Continuously Updated)
- CRS One-Pager Update (May 4, 2015)
- CRS One-Pager Update (April 27, 2015)
- CRS Resource Center: Pray, Learn, Act, Give Resources
- Update by Caritas Nepal
- Interview: CRS Staffer Kushal Neogy in Nepal
- VIDEO: Overview/Intro to the Nepal Earthquake
- VIDEO: Distribution of Relief Materials for Shelter
- VIDEO: Interview with Caritas Nepal Director
- PHOTO Library
- Twitter: @CatholicRelief, @CRSUniversity, #NepalEarthquake, @iamCARITAS
- Instagram: CatholicReliefServices, #NepalEarthquake
- Facebook: Catholic Relief Services, CRS Student Ambassadors
We know it’s almost finals time, but we hope you’ll find a way to take action on your campus to stand in solidarity with our brothers and sisters in Nepal who are experiencing many challenges. Perhaps you could hold a prayer service or candlelight walk, raise awareness via social media and posters, or invite others to make donations to CRS. Please share with us via twitter or email (email@example.com) how you’re mobilizing your campus so we can spread the ideas to others.
- Here's a great example from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, where CRS Student Ambassadors are coordinating a Karaoke Night to stand in solidarity with Nepal.
- Here's a great example from Villanova University, where CRS Student Ambassadors are coordinating a "Fuel Up for Nepal" Coffee Break
Thank you for your commitment to the people of Nepal and your ongoing dedication to standing in solidarity with our global brothers and sisters.