Join us at the Young Leaders Initiative at the Catholic Social Ministry Gathering 2018!
Join Catholic Relief Services University Engagement Team and other inspiring college social justice advocates for “Building Community: A Call to the Common Good" at the 2018 Young Leaders Initiative of the Catholic Social Ministry Gathering. The gathering will be held February 3-6, 2018 in Washington, DC. In recent years, almost 40 colleges and universities have joined other Catholic leaders from around the country at the Catholic Social Ministry Gathering, sponsored by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops and 16 other national organizations. It's not too early to mark your calendars for 2018! Reflection materials on the 2018 theme are here.
Through the Young Leaders Initiative, college students participate in the Catholic Social Ministry Gathering in order to:
- Meet national Catholic social ministry and advocacy leaders.
- Build knowledge of current Catholic social ministry priorities and initiatives.
- Develop advocacy skills to empower students to call for positive change.
- Voice concerns with legislators on issues of human life and dignity in the U.S. and internationally.
- Grow in faith, studies, and future work through Catholic social ministry and advocacy.
interest form: due nov 21
You can indicate your interest in the Young Leaders Initiative at CSMG 2018 by completing the Young Leaders Initiative Interest Form, which is due Nov. 21 or get more info here. You can also plan now to implement these easy fundraising ideas to help fund your trip.
diversity scholarships: application deadline nov 30
Diversity Scholarships now available! Participants in the Catholic Social Ministry Gathering who are from under-represented ethnic, racial and disability communities are eligible to apply for funding as part of the Diversity Outreach Initiative. This includes campus staff and students. Both an application and recommendation are required, due Nov. 10. Get more info here.