CRS Responds to Hurricane Matthew in Haiti, Jamaica and Eastern Cuba
Join CRS, our partners on the ground, and college and university students around the country in responding to Hurricane Matthew, a powerful category 4 storm that made landfall in Haiti on Tuesday, October 4, 2016.
Virtual Votive: Light a candle in our Virtual Chapel to pray for those in the storm's path.
- Continually updated overview of CRS response work.
- CRS Relief Efforts as Death Toll Climbs (10/11/16)
- 7 Reasons You Should Help Haiti Now (10/13/16)
- Hurricane's Near Total Destruction Stuns Haiti Survivors (10/13/16)
- Photo Gallery
- Download this handout to share with others on campus.
- Create a fundraising page for your university or CRS chapter so that you can pool your resources and make a collective impact.
- Make a one-time individual donation online.
- Send a check by mail to Catholic Relief Services; P.O. Box 17090; Baltimore, MD 21297-0303 [Please write "Hurricane Matthew" in the memo line.]
Act directly to respond to Hurricane Matthew by finding creative ways to bring your campus community together to pray, learn and give using the resources above.
Act for the long-term:
- Sign an advocacy letter to our U.S. leaders urging them to take action on climate change and its increasingly devastating effects by supporting the Green Climate Fund.
- Consider getting more involved in the I am Climate Change campaign.