6 Easy Ways Students can Celebrate #EarthDay
1. Use less water (hint: turn the sink off while you brush your teeth... don't let the faucet run while you're washing dishes... wear your jeans a few more times before throwing them in the washing machine...)
2. Recycle (hint: actually use the recycling bins... don't mix trash and recyclables... even better, REUSE things before just getting rid of them...)
3. Turn off lights and unplug electronics when you leave the room (hint: your pet goldfish doesn't need to watch tv when you're not home...)
4. Use a re-usable water bottle and coffee mug (hint: sometimes you get discounts for filling up a mug/cup... they also look much cooler and can be decorated with stickers...)
5. Make your own cleaning supplies (hint: baking soda... vinegar... lemon... )
6. Use less gasoline (hint: public transportation... car-pooling... biking... walking... skateboarding... roller blading?...)
Note: Mackenzie Harris is a CRS Student Ambassador at Cabrini College and a CRS University Digital Media Leader for Spring 2015.